This fairly simple recipe makes 4-6 slices in an 8″ pie dish.
- 1 Salmon fillet
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 Broccoli florets, chopped
- 3 Mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- Half a small red onion, chopped
- 1 8″ pie crust (frozen or homemade)
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 Egg white
- 6 ounces of low fat cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoon grated cheddar
- 1 Teaspoon chopped mint
- Roll out the pie crust and place into an 8″ pie dish, pushing it up the sides. Or get your frozen pie shell out. Prick the base of the crust with a fork.
- Bake the crust for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees and then turn the oven down to 325.
- Meanwhile, brush the salmon with lemon juice and grill (or poach) until cooked through, then use a fork to flake it into pieces.
- Gently saute the vegetables until they are softened but not browned, and then mix in the salmon flakes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and cottage cheese and then mix in the cheese and mint.
- Put the salmon and vegetable filling into the pie shell and then pour the cottage cheese mix over the top.
- Bake uncovered for about 40-45 minutes until the top is solid.
Serve with a tossed salad for a nice light lunch or dinner. Cover leftovers with cellophane and save for up to three day.
via Hungry Jenny