This recipe scales well. The basic set of ingredients are for two servings. You can safely double or triple it as needed.
- 1 pound halibut cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- Enough corn starch to lightly dust the halibut
- 2 peeled and sliced carrots for garnish
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (In a pinch, you can even use ketchup for this part.)
- 4 Tbs sugar (If you have used ketchup for the tomato sauce, reduce the amount of sugar you use by half.)
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce (Or soy sauce if you cannot get oyster sauce.)
- 1 tsp corn starch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- Oil enough to fry the halibut
- Dust halibut cubes with corn starch and deep fried till yellow brown, set a side
- Heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil and cook the onion and carrot until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, sugar, cornstarch water, and oyster sauce
- Simmer while stirring constantly until thick and bubbly
- Pour the sauce over the fried halibut and toss until evenly coated
Serve with white or brown rice and steamed broccoli.
This recipe was shared by Mary Kal from Indonesia.